Park Manager’s Report
Welcome back to TCCOM for another great season. For those who arrived early on April 15th, Marty had the course ready for golf, the Park looked great and the Office was ready to welcome you back! (Well, we did have a lot of rain and below normal temps for the next two weeks but other than that it was great.)
Palmer Wireless – Clubhouse and Residential (for Palmer Wireless TCCOM Members)
- Free Wifi is available at the Clubhouse and Secure Wifi at your units. Just stop in the office for more information.
- I still don’t have any more information pertaining to TV over Palmer fiber optic cable or the roll out of cable to the balance of the park.
- 911 Wi-Fi calling: Now that we have reliable Wi-Fi via Palmer Wireless, I have switched my phone to Wi-Fi calling. However, Palmer does not auto update the settings in your phone. If members are already using Wi-Fi calling (versus minutes and data plans) then they will be familiar with updating the 911 address to reflect TCCOM. IPhone users can select a preferred network. Android users must click on Palmer and type in the address for TCCOM.
Garden Plots are ready. If you reserved a plot and haven’t been assigned your plot number, please stop at the Office.
Beaudry Oil will be in the Park on May 25th and 26th, and possibly the 27th to fill propane tanks.
Erkens water softeners are in and ready for pick up at the Clubhouse for those who reserved one.
TCCOM Logo apparel is available two ways:
At the Office or Board Meetings by ordering through JaniRae, or at our website (member tab, park communications dropdown link) through Queensboro Logo Apparel.
Do you play bocce ball? I need some pictures of members playing bocce ball on our courts for our web page. If you have some digital pictures to share, please email them to me. Also, if you’d like to write some copy for our web page that would be great. Thanks.
“30 day rule”
Please don’t forget that all lots (to include outside storage if you rented a space) were to be cleaned up by May 15th. In order to ensure that the great image of our Park for members, guests and other visitors continues throughout the season, I am touring the Park on a weekly basis to enforce this rule.
- Don’t forget the 2017 annual membership meeting scheduled for Saturday, June 10th, at the Activity building. Breakfast will be available at 8:00am, followed at 9:00am by the Annual Membership meeting.
- The most current TCCOM Directory is online, at the Member tab on our website, Park Communications drop down link.
- Empty spaces in the outside storage lots are not for guest parking. No cars, trucks or motorcycles are to be parked in outside storage. Guest parking on common grounds is OK.
- Most everyone enjoys a nice campfire. Please remember that some members and guests can’t tolerate smoke (for health reasons). Please, do not burn wet wood; and per park rules, there is no burning of leaves, trash, etc.
- There is new signage at the construction dumpster and scrap metal and electronics trailers with prices for disposal of typical items.
- Off season bulk emails are posted on the Office bulletin board. If you haven’t been receiving these emails, please check you spam folder. Email providers often change their security protocols and, as a result, emails you used to get may now be sent to the Spam folder.
- Let the Office know if you aren’t getting the bulk emails and if you didn’t find them in your Spam folder and the office has your correct email address.
- Are you missing a golf cart or grill cover? If so, check with the office, as the covers that blew around the park during a storm several months ago were collected and are now in the Clubhouse garage.
- Ticks are out in full force this season, especially in the Clear Lake Township Park and in TCCOM woods. Protect yourselves and your pets. Stay on the paths and cut grass, and out of the brush and high grass.
Upcoming Park Activities
There will be a Scavenger Hunt/Obstacle Course for the kids on May 28th (Memorial Day weekend) at 1:00pm at the Activity Building, age groups 2 to 7, and 8 to 12. This will be a 30 to 40 minute activity, and a parent must attend with the younger children. There will be a signup sheet upstairs in the Clubhouse on the table by the couches. Please let us know how many will be attending from your family, and the age group they are in. If it is raining, the event will be cancelled.
Also on May 28th, there will be a Movie Night at 7:00pm in the Activity Building. Bring your own treats and a blanket if the kids would like to lay on the floor to watch the movie. Movie title to be announced.
On Saturday, June 10th, from 5:30pm to 7:30pm there will be Karaoke and Potluck. Bring a dish to pass, and your own utensils.
Also mark on your calendar these new events:
- On Saturday, July 8th, a 50’s/60’s Dance Party. Keep an eye out for costume items for this event.
- Start perfecting your chili recipe for a Chili Cook-off on September 3rd.
- Look for more information on these events in future editions of Wheels.