Park Manager’s Report
What a great 4th of July Weekend! I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people enjoying our pool at the same time. In fact, the entire Park was busy with member parties, Taco-in-a-bag, Hole-in-one, Funkhana, 4th of July Parade and Carnival. It is greatly appreciated that everyone can have a great time with only a few rules infractions.
Shareholder Information Sheet
As many of you know, we’ve had several occasions so far this season when EMTs and ambulances were needed in the Park. To ensure the Office has a contact in case of emergency and that all other member information is up to date, we’ve created the Shareholder Information Sheet. This includes vehicle license plate and golf cart information for faster and less expensive administration of the Park. Please stop by the office to review your sheet prior to leaving for the season.
Updated TCCOM Directory on-line
The alphabetical, lot # and emergency sections of directory have been updated as of July 1st. That is where you’ll find the most current directory information. It is located on the Member Tab, Park Communications drop down link.
“30 Day Rule”
From time to time, some members get an email from me pertaining to the “30 Day Rule” and some confusion arises from those emails. So, I thought I’d clarify the procedure I use.
Per your Rules, I check the park almost every week to ensure properties are kept up so the Park looks its best for members, guests and prospective buyers. I usually inspect at the beginning of the week to allow time for the office to contact those members who need to take action. We allow thru the following weekend (especially for weekenders) so members have time to act on the emails.
Since we give a week or more after the inspection before action needs to be taken, I have to visualize that lot one week into the future. If I was to wait until the lawn or weeds are really long, and then add another week to that, the lots (and Park in general) would look very unkempt.
- Most rules violations over the 4th of July weekend – especially speeding and driving golf carts — were by guests. We also noted some kids with bicycles and scooters riding on the golf course cart paths by 6th and 9th hole the evening of July 2nd. It is your responsibility to know and educate family and guests of your rules. We don’t want to put your guests into an embarrassing situation because either you or your guests violated your Rules.
- No ATV’s are allowed in the Park
- Please do not use laundry pods or powder in the washing machines. They gum up our high efficiency machines and are bad for the septic system.
Special Lost Item
- We’ve had a complete set of golf clubs and bag for about a month that no one has claimed. Please come to the office to identify or it will be donated.
Winter Golf Cart Storage
You may sign up to store your golf cart over the winter in the Activity Building beginning August 1st. We can store about 35 golf carts.
Single Seat – $65.00
Two Seats – $90.00
- The windows in the Clubhouse need repair or replacing. Bids will be brought to the BOD when they come in.
- Tree injections are done for the year and it came in $4068 under budget.
- The Clubhouse has some water issues on the North side of the building foundation. I am working on ideas on how to resolve the issues. Those issues and some other areas may need mud or sand jacking. Also alterations to the downspouts are needed to correct the source of the problem.
- Design of the new septic system replacement is awaiting approval from the county. As soon as the approval comes back, I will update Jim Beaudette and Chuck McColgan, but it may be a couple of weeks before approval comes in. It may cost between $15,000 and $25,000 to put in the new septic system.
Calling all bridge players
We meet Monday nights at 7:00pm at the Clubhouse and play party bridge. We would love to get more players. Please join us! It’s a “Grand Slam” of fun!!
Sundaes on Saturday
This event will be on Saturday, July 22, from 1:30pm – 3:00pm in the Activity Building. Ice cream sundaes and root beer floats will be available for $2.50. In addition there will be a 50/50 raffle and a Bean Bag tournament. Come and enjoy a cool ice cream treat and have fun playing Bean Bag!
TCCOM Church Services
Everyone is invited to Sunday Worship Services at 10:00 am Sunday mornings at the Activity Building.
July 23rd – Benson Family Gospel Singers
July 30th – Lindley Creek Family Singers (Bluegrass)
August 6th – Pastor Evenson with Holy Communion
Potluck and Karaoke
Saturday – August 5th – 5:30-7:30 pm at the Activity Building.
Bring a dish, beverage, plus plates/utensils, and your great voice.
We have several discs, but if you have a disc you like, bring that too.
Ladies Luncheon and Style Show
This event will take place on Tuesday, August 15th at the Activity Building at 11:30 am with lunch served at 11:45.
If your last name begins with A – L, bring a salad to share.
If your last name begins with M –Z, bring a dessert to share.